Insights and opinions on Information Technology from George Tomko, a veteran CIO turned renegade consultant.
As the title suggests, perhaps what we now term as “social media”, is perceived differently by the people that use it, plan it, deal with it, or design it. In fact, the “it” is precisely what defies pinpoint accuracy. And the saying goes, if you cannot measure (or define it), you cannot manage it. Social Read the Rest…
- Call To CIOs
- CIO 2.0
- CIOs and the Consumerization of IT
- CIOs as Brokers, not Controllers
- CIOs Should Quit Worrying About Being CIOs
- Cloud Computing a Capital Idea?
- Corporate Twitter? The Three S's That Must Be Overcome
- Do CIOs have their heads in the clouds?
- Do Consultants Deliver Value?
- Do Consultants Deliver Value? (Part 2 of a continuing series)
- Does Business Intelligence Require Intelligent Business?
- iPad Frenzy: more about a movement than a gadget
- Is the CIO a “pinnacle” position?
- Is the Tide turning against Cloud Computing?
- Making Companies Smarter
- Management Issues in the Cloud
- Microsoft Getting Fewer Support Calls for Windows 7
- Take your Vacation-The Future will still be there when you get back!
- Tax on Offshore Call Centers-A Bad Idea
- The Gift of Time
- Time is Your Only Inventory- Selective Engagement Time Management
- Twitter ‘As-is’ Service Quality Escape Hatch
- Twitter and the CIO: Friend or Foe?
- UNIX at 40: We haven’t had that spirit here since 1969…
- Using Consultants: Rolling the Dice?
- Using English During Performance Reviews